Stock trading is getting so popular these days, that anyone can buy/sell stocks with just a few taps on their phone or smartwatch. The problem is that many people are starting off with real money, without any stock market education, and unfortunately, for some of them, this experience ends badly. You as a developer/entrepreneur have a chance to help and educate people, providing them with a platform or playground where they can practice trading stock, real stocks with real prices, but using fake money.
*** WHAT DOES THIS PRODUCT OFFER YOU ***
The app as shown in the video demo. Feel free to ask questions before buying.
Assistance will be provided for any code-related questions. The stock price is updated every 1 minute (can not get updates more frequently), which gives users more time to think and analyze before entering a trade. The user is able to search for a stock and upon selecting a search result, they will be navigated to the stock details screen, where you can see the stock price, the chart, any open positions, the favorite button on the top right corner as well as the main trade buttons to buy/sell that selected stock.
*** WHAT DO I NEED TO GET STARTED ***
You will need a Mac computer with Xcode 12 installed. This app requires iOS 14+.
The entire app is built using SwiftUI. You will need a Google AdMob account for Interstitial ads that are shown in the app.
*** HOW DOES IT WORK ***
- The user will start with $100,000 to trade. This number can be edited in the AppConfig file. There is no way for the user to get more money or reset this amount unless they will delete the app then reinstall it again. Probably it's a good idea for you to add some in-app purchases maybe, or rewarded ads that will allow users to reset their account or add more funds.
- The app offers a way to search for stocks. You will see that for each stock, there will be an image/logo. Some stocks don't have any logos. We're using the polygon.io service to get the logo for the stock, so it's up to this service to return us an image. Polygon API doesn't return any logos for stocks at the moment. They may have this issue fixed by October 2021
- Selecting a stock from the search results, watchlist, or open positions will always take you to the stock details screen, where you will see the chart for the stock. This chart is for 1 day, 1 week, 1 month, and 1 year. The chart is not interactive, however, it will change color if the price change is positive or negative.
- When the user taps the favorite button on the top right corner, the stock will be added/removed from the Dashboard's watchlist.
- To buy a stock, all you have to do, is tap the Buy button on the stock details screen, then a new screen will pop-up where you can enter how many shares of that stock you want to buy. You can not enter a dollar amount or fractional shares. If the total amount for that order is more than what you have available to trade, you will see an error that prevents you to place the order. Each order is placed instantly at the current stock price when you tap the "Place Order" button.
- To sell a stock, you can only sell all your shares. For example: If you have 50 shares of AAPL, then you can not sell only 10. The app supports only the "sell all" feature, where all your shares for that stock will be sold. As with the buy orders, the sell orders are executed instantly.
- Buying/Selling stocks doesn't take into account the trading volume and all orders are executed on the device. There is no service or API to execute these orders. The app uses a version of Yahoo finance APIs to fetch the stock price and search for stocks. We're not responsible for any API changes, but whenever you have an issue with the API, we will do our best to get the app updated as soon as possible, as we always did with the TikTok and Instagram related apps here at Apps4World.com
Please ask questions if necessary before purchasing. If you need any help or a price for custom work, don't hesitate to contact us.
As always, we wish you good luck with this product and don't forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel, so you could be the first one to know when a new app template is released.
Order Worry Free.
We stand behind our products with confidence!
Unlimited FREE support included.